Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh my heart...


I think I am starting to understand, in a new light, the love that Jesus must feel towards us - His Children. Everyday, I feel like my heart falls more and more in love with my son. I feel like I miss him all the time, even when I am holding him. I guess there is just this ache that goes so deep and never goes away. He is so sweet. I love everypart of his little body. Below is a poem my sister in law sent me that she wrote when her last little boy was born. I think it is a good description of how enamaroed a mother is with her child.


"I love my baby's eyes. Often they are closed, but when the light begins to dim, he opens them and looks at me as if he knows exactly who I am. His eyes move slowly. They are unafraid and unhurried. They gaze and they study and they take in the small world around them in a peaceful manner. The eyelashes flutter softly. When I look into his eyes, the world seems to stand still and I capture something of eternity. He gazes back at me steadily. There is nothing between us. There is no averting of the the eyes. There is no guilt or shame. The depths of eternity are captured in those two pools. There is not one of us greater than the other. There is strength in our gaze. The strength of a promise given, and the strength of a trust returned."

No comments: