We had an eventful last week. My Grandma Magnusson breathed her last breath last Tuesday evening. All six of her children were in the room as she passed away. I know that death is a normal part of life, but it never really feels natural. However, the picture of my Grandma dying on her own terms with her loving children surrounding her, is such a beautiful picture to me. Kyler and I headed back to the funeral in NE and Zayne stayed here with Micah. Everything went really smoothly - Kyler did amazing on the trip and Micah and Zayne held up great on their own. They were both glad to have us home though! My Grandma's funeral was beautiful and just a wonderful time to celebrate her life. My dad spoke at it and my brother Luke and Cousin Brett sang a duet together. I know my Grandma was so proud! The picture above is the last picture I took of Grandma. It was last summer when all my Dad's sister's brought Grandma for a visit. How special that she got to see Zayne and know about Kyler. I told her on this trip that we were expecting. Her legacy will continue to live on through her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but my Grandma will be very much missed!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Saying goodbye
We had an eventful last week. My Grandma Magnusson breathed her last breath last Tuesday evening. All six of her children were in the room as she passed away. I know that death is a normal part of life, but it never really feels natural. However, the picture of my Grandma dying on her own terms with her loving children surrounding her, is such a beautiful picture to me. Kyler and I headed back to the funeral in NE and Zayne stayed here with Micah. Everything went really smoothly - Kyler did amazing on the trip and Micah and Zayne held up great on their own. They were both glad to have us home though! My Grandma's funeral was beautiful and just a wonderful time to celebrate her life. My dad spoke at it and my brother Luke and Cousin Brett sang a duet together. I know my Grandma was so proud! The picture above is the last picture I took of Grandma. It was last summer when all my Dad's sister's brought Grandma for a visit. How special that she got to see Zayne and know about Kyler. I told her on this trip that we were expecting. Her legacy will continue to live on through her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but my Grandma will be very much missed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Kara,
This is Trudiann Duncan. I was your "roommate" at the CEO Conclave at RB&Co. First, I'm sorry about your grandmother's passing. I pray that the Lord will comfort you and your family as you mourn her loss. Second, much congratulations on Kyler's birth. I know you must have your hands full. Third, is it possible you could get in touch with me? I have some information that I hope will be helpful for Micah. My number is (770) 309-3169. I'm so glad that he has improved so much!
Trudiann
Post a Comment