Saturday, May 14, 2011

Random Thoughts

We have had a busy week. Tuesday was small group, I made really good meatballs (rather put the meatballs Micah gave me from the restaurant into my crockpot, added some barbque sauce, and everyone THOUGHT that I made really amazing meatballs). Wednesday was my 28th birthday - happy special day to me :). It really was special, too. Micah let me sleep in, woke me up with singing happy birthday. Zayne was pretty excited about the cake, except there wasn't a cake, especially not at breakfast. I got a whole bouquet of flowers, that Micah had very ingeniously not paid for, some sunscreen and sandle earings, in honor of FL and a car charger - yahoo, my phone is ALWAYS dying. Micah and I went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant in town, (no not Rudino's although that is good) Cheddars and then went for a long walk. Thursday and Friday are a bit of a blur, but it was warm and sunny so we had lots of outside time and playing at the park. We had a long night last night, Micah was up working on job applications really late and then the boys were up on and off from 3-6 uggg. I hate those nights, thankfully they are few and far between these days and I don't have a panicky feeling about not sleeping enough. I have been making fruit smoothies and adding some "extra's" in. No one even noticed the celary and romaine lettuce. I got the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Sienfield and am SO excited to try some her her tricks. The boys really do pretty well eating what I put in front of them, but it would be nice to know some of the things I serve have a few more veggies in there without anyone even knowing.
Last weekend, we were in Ohio for a very special friends wedding. We got to see some other special friends there and had lots of fun just celebrating a wonderful couple on their beautiful day. Our other special friends even volunteered to take some family pictures for us. I can't wait to see them, because she is amazing. Her blog is elisabethnixonphotography.blogspot.com, check it out! The boys did great at the wedding and reception and had a blast dancing and swimming in the hotel pools. Zayne can now swim with a life jacket, from one end of the pool to the next and can jump in and go under. Micah worked and worked with him and he is such a good teacher and is so patient. Zayne and Micah have such similar personality traits, it is fun to see them interact and just "get" each other. Kyler is still our sweet little trooper. His hair is getting blonder in the sun and I love it. He is really starting to understand more and more and with that also knows more of what he wants and doesn't - let the double fun begin :). Hoping for more warm weather, all the details of our life to work out, and more sleep tonight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: