Monday, August 25, 2008

A little Miracle


Our little Zayne Adams Plimpton arrived on Thursday August 21st, 2008 at 9:44pm. I went to the hopital to get induced as the doctor's really felt he may have growth restraint/restriction. Micah and I really felt at peace about it and we wanted to be proactive rather than wait for something to go wrong. Plus I was full term, so it seemed like the right decision. On our way to the hospital we stopped at our favorite coffee shop and got breakfast to go. We prayed on the way to the hospital that it would all go smoothly and not be too long of a process. I was also silently praying that I wouldn't have to get induced and would just go into labor.

At the hospital we got checked in and after waiting to get admitted to our room, I was given a cervical relaxer. The nurse mentioned that sometimes this can start labor although it is rather rare, so not to expect much. She said she would check on me in an hour and after 4 hours they would start the Pitocin (induction medication). After an hour I had dialated to almost 3 centimeters and after about 3 hours was having contractions every 5 minutes. The nurse came back in once the 4 hours was up and said she was going to wait on the pitocin because I was progressing on my own. She said she would check back in 2 hours and see if I had progressed any more. At 7:00 I was having strong contractions every 2-3 minutes and was wondering what happened to my nurse. Finally I told Micah I needed a nurse now because I wanted the epidural. He went and got the nurse and after checking me said I was at a 4 and could have the epidural. At this point I had started shaking pretty bad and was cold. I asked if I could use the wirlpool tub first and they said I could and after that could have the epidural. I really enjoyed the wirlpool, but after about 20 minutes was really ready for the epidural. Unfortunatley, the person administering the epidural was on another floor, so I had to wait. Micah swears it was only about 40 minutes, but it seemed more like 4 hours. He finally came in and gave me the epidural, which I didn't feel at all. The nurse checked me again and to her suprise and ours, she said I was at a 10 and ready to push. The epidural hadn't even kicked in yet, but I was ready too. They got everything ready and after about 20 minutes of pushing and just as the doctor came in the room our little guy entered the world. What an amazing experience. The entire birth was more perfect than I could have imagined. Everything was relaxed and we even had Worship music playing in the background. Micah was wonderful and the nursing staff was great as well.

We are home now and I love just holding and looking at our adorable son. Everything is perfect about him and although he is small, he is 100% healthy.

No comments: