Ok, so i've decided I have been a blogger "outsider" for long enough. I love to check and read other people's blogs and think it is a great way to keep a journal of life. Plus with our little guy due any day, I thought it might be nice for family and friends to have a place to check up on us and see pictures. This is not an excuse to not stay in touch though... :)
For my first post I am going to tell you about my day, starting with my Steak n Shake adventure. I know you never knew it was such an interesting place! So, abiding my the doctor's orders to have "a milkshake a day," (seriously, they want the baby to put on some weight this week) I stopped by Steak N Shake. I ordered a steakburger with cheese and a chocolate malt. I didn't want to go in and eat by myself so I drove around and parked and just sat in my car and ate my yummy food. I turned the car off about halfway through as it wasn't that hot and opened up one of my books I just got from the library. Probably my first mistake... I loose track of everything when reading. Anyway, I don't think I sat there for THAT long, but I did leave the lights on and when I went to start the car - nothing. So, I was smart enough to realize I had drained the battery and went into Steak N Shake hoping someone would take pity on a 9 month pregnant lady and have some jumper cables to start my car, did I meantion it was raining as well. I asked a waitress and a couple of teenage guys who had parked next to me and they were all willing to help. The waitress hunted around until she found someone with jumper cables and the guys went out in the rain and got my car running again. I told them they were my heaven sent angels and they agreed saying they it was a good thing they didn't go to Burger King like they had planned. Probably made them feel real good to help out a very pregnant women whose car wouldn't start on a rainy day. I even got a scolding from one of them about not reading in the car :).
One another note. Tomorrow I go in for my 39.5 week check up. I have a feeling they are going to encourage me to get induced. I don't really know how I feel about that. I guess they are a little concerned our little guy isn't bulking up the way he is supposed to - however, they haven't measured me since I got the milkshake order and they don't know how much I love Ice Cream. I am open though. I just want to have a healthy baby and if they think he is ready then by all means I am ready to have him. Micah is going with me to the appointment so hopefully we will be able to talk and pray it over and decided what is best.
I'll keep you posted...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment