Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Again, Home Again





We made it back from MI early Monday morning. We had an exciting, suprising and productive trip. It started with some business meetings and more planning. We are working on securing a location to start a Pizza and Grinder resturant. We also looked at some houses to rent and found one that we really like. It is located close to the business and is similar in decor to our current house. It even has the same ceiling fan that we have in our living room - definetly a sign :). It is also right on the river and there is a nature trail right off the back yard. Nothing has been solidified yet, but we made good progress and feel good about things. Micah and my dad left last Sunday for a week of training in NC and they learned so much. I loved hearing about the amount of time Micah spent in the kitchen. He told me not to get any ideas though - the kitchen at home is still "my" forte :).

The day they left my Nana and Aunt flew in to town. I had no idea they were coming for the week - they totally suprised me! It was so fun to share Zayne with them both and just get to have lots of quality girl time. One night we rented a chick flic. It ended up being a dud so we turned it off and just talked and laughed. We had milk shakes each night and tons of yummy cooking.

Friday morning I had another fun suprise. Micah and my dad came home a day early and suprised us. I woke up to Micah coming in the bedroom. Zayne and I were so happy. Micah was afraid Zayne would forget him, but the next night the only person Zayne would calm down for was his Daddy. Friday night we had a family dinner and got to see the whole gang.

Some other highlights...

Luke shooting his first deer. Meeting Josiah's new girlfriend. Seeing Micah stand in his therasuit cage. Hearing Nate talk about how he creamed my Micah in soccer. Watching Nana give Zayne a bath. Eating Aunt Oge's oatmeal bread. Having my mom buy Zayne the sweetest little outfit that is warm and snuggly for MI. Hearing U. Luke sing and rock Zayne to sleep. Seeing Zayne "talk" to his U. Nate. Lots of memories all of them sweet and unforgetable.
I have lots of fun pictures from our trip and will post some of them soon. In the mean time, the ones above are just some cute ones of our precious little guy.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Kara, I don't know if I've told you this before but Zayne is ADORABLE! I am so excited you guys are moving back to MI. When might the move be? I'm usually back in Lansing once every month or 2. Maybe I can see you guys more than once a year now :)