Saturday, December 13, 2008

Garage Sale Days...


We are having a garage sale today. So far is has been a great success. We are more of the mindset to just "get rid of it" rather than make a big buck, but so far our running total is getting up over the 3 diget mark - yipee. Zayne and I are overseeing from the front window and making trips outside to charm the customers. It feels so good to be sorting, sifting, and simplifying our life right now. We will probably have another sale next week just to see if we can get rid of anymore. We are still looking for someone to rent or even possible buy our home. Please be praying with regards to that detail - now is not a good time in the market, but we are hoping it is in God's market.

In less than a month we will be in MI - AHHHHH!!! So, I don't do really well with change and pretty much since Zayne entered our lives everything we thought in our life that was worked out became unworked out. I have really been working at just resting in Jesus with everything, going with the flow and taking one day at a time. The hard part is, I liked my life here in FL. Although I miss my family in MI, I loved living in a warm climate, the friends we made, living by Micah's parents, the beach... oh the list goes on. I know I will be ok once we are settled and I can really see God leading us in everything - He has really given me a peace, now if I could only have a desire for cold weather... :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I showed this post to Dave and pointed out the second paragraph and added, "That's why Kara & I are friends...neither of us like change :)" His response was that the only unchanging part about life, though, IS change. Darn...I hate it when he's right!