This week was Micah was able to have two days off in a row. He was off on Sunday AND Monday and even though we were all a bit under the weather, it was SO nice to have him around a little more.
Last Thursday Zayne and I went over to a friend from Church and watched her kids while she went to a funeral. It was a fun morning and Zayne liked the extra attention. Beth, the seven year old really enjoyed "helping" me take care of him - it was really sweet. Thursday evening we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Haslett, which they are cleaning, painting, and preparing for my cousins to live in for a year before they head to Cambodia to be missionaries. I went and helped do a few things and then we all went over and had dinner at my Moms. My family left for Arizona this week for Spring Break. I really wish I could have gone, but the drive would have been a little long for both our little 7 mo old and everybody else in the car :).
We weren't able to go to church this week because of everyone being sick, but it was sort of nice to be able to sleep in and have a relaxing day. We ended up going for coffee, a little hike, and then burgers and malts at A&W. My brother Nate would have been jealous (A&W is currently his "FAVORITE!") Monday was another laid back day and we worked around the house a bit. Micah had to lower Zayne's crib as he was almost to the point of being able to pull himself up and out! He can pretty much "squirm" to wherever he wants to go. He ends up getting frusterated a lot that he can't get there faster. We took some pictures of Zayne in his little excersauser below. He loves to chew on that green pacifier when he is in it. He sort of just plays with it and it isn't the kind he uses when he goes to sleep so I don't really mind. This time however, it got stuck on his thumb. It was so cute watching him wave it around trying to figure out how to get it off. Finally, he gave up and just put the thumb and the pacifier in his mouth :) We didn't let that go on for too long though - I don't think I could handle BOTH habbits. We also took some pictures of Zayne "brushing" his tooth. He now has one now so he has a legitimate reason to be brushing. He takes the job pretty seriously.
The rest of this week is going to be fairly low key. Hopefully Zayne will be feeling 100% pretty soon and the snow will melt so we can go outside. (Yes, I did say SNOW, IN APRIL, ON MICAH'S ONLY DAY OFF!) I am not bitter though :)

2 comments:
that's right buddy, brush it up!!!
see ya next week!!!
love the tooth brushing pictures! can't wait to see you - next week?! :) YEAH!!!
and I'm hoping you don't mind, but the Pizza Widow really made me laugh... I'm glad you got days off and time together!
Post a Comment