Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life....




For the past few days, Zayne has been a bit out of sorts. He just seemed frusterated and aggitated all the time. I was hoping this wasn't the "next stage" and was so relieved to find a new tooth last night! It just broke through and is so cute and tiny. Zayne is back to his happy content self!

This week has been a bit sad and challenging for me. I think Zayne being cranky set it off and then I was/am feeling pretty burnt out on the whole Pizza Widow thing. Micah and I talked about it on Monday (which was really me VENTING about how I was feeling) and Micah being a wonderful husband and calling me the next day saying that he now has Sunday AND Monday off and one evening each week. It is still a lot of hours, but at least we are making progress and Zayne and I will get to see a little more of him.

I also found out this week that a really good highschool friend's mom has a brain tumor. She went in for surgery on Monday and everything went really well, but it is cancerous and she will need additional treatment. I went up to the hospital yesterday and her mom was on the same floor that my brother Micah was on almost 2 years ago. Talk about a lot of unpleasant memories! I hope I was able to be an encouragment to her, but I just ached for the sadness and shock I could see on her face.

This past Sunday we heard a message on the Idol of Immortality. The pastor made a good comment about death when he said - "death is a normal part of life, but it is not natural. In other words, we are ALL going to die at some point, but knowing that doesn't take the sting away when it happens or when someone suffers that we love. He said we can either live like most of the world tells us to, which is to "seize TODAY" - Live each day to its fullest and have no regrets! This isn't really a bad way to live, but it can be depressing when you think that you probably only have about 60 to 80 of those days AT BEST. When we believe what the bible says about living for God for those 60 to 80 years and then getting to spend an ETERNITY doing it some more, it really helps to put life into perspective. When we believe what Jesus did for us on the cross and have a personal relationship with HIM, this life is really just the beginning - not the end. The older I get, and the more suffering I see in this life, the more thankful I become that this ISN'T all I have to live for.

~Kara
Posted by Picasa

No comments: