Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Little Rascal




The past few weeks I have really noticed some changes in how Zayne interacts with his little world. He loves to explore and find new things. He loves to wave "HI" and wander around the house finding things to stand up on. He aslo loves to go to all the "no nos" in the house. There are only about 2-3 things that are not "childproof" that he isn't allowed to touch or climb on, but everyday he heads to them at least 5-10 times. We have started doing little "time outs" in his excersauser. It is a little funny, because that used to be his favorite toy when he was younger, but now he doesn't like it because it is restricting. So, it has a new use now - "time out." I don't know if it is sinking in yet or not, but I think it will eventually. Whenever he goes to the "no nos" he has to spend a minute or two in the "time out" spot. As you can see, he is just so cute it is hard to keep a stern, straight face. I think we would pretty much would let him get away with anything at this age, except we know we would be paying for it BIG in a few years. So, we are working on being consistent and firm with the "no nos." Wish us luck and LOTS of prayers!
~Kara
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

I hear ya on the no-no's. =) It's so dang hard not to laugh sometimes though!!!

Can't wait to see you again soon- come visit when the weather's nice and we can sit by the water....well, you can sit and I can chase two boys. haaa